About Me


 About Me and My Website:


Years ago I found this website called Heroes and Zeroes by a guy called Copper. He created a cool micro hero website about golden age characters, but the website has since been archived and barely works. I decided to continue the site by reposting the content on my website to continue to live on in my website. I don't know what happened to him but he did an amazing job and I want to keep it alive, hence the website. He put this in his about me on that website so you can know this amazing creator who captured many a heart with his micros:

"Hi! I'm your host, Copper.







So what are micro heroes?


Micro heroes are little character lo-res bitmaps created from a common set of basic templates. Thousands have been created by web users all over the globe for just about any category of characters you can think of. Here at this site I focus on Golden Age comic book characters.


So why create them?


For fun. Since you create them from templates, almost anyone can create micros...even people who can't draw! If you can color a coloring book, and if you can copy and paste on a computer, you, too can create your own micro heroes. And you don't even need a fancy graphics program, either. 99.9% of the micros I've created on this site were created using nothing more than the plain vanilla Microsoft Paint graphics program that comes free with Windows.


Can I use those Custom Copper Templates to create my own micro heroes?


Sure! That's what they’re there for.


When I hold my mouse cursor over a micro, why do I see gobbledygook text?


I've included some bonus information in the "tool tip" text box. In addition to a character's name, I list the publishing company like Better or Gleason or Fox etc. who published the character. For international characters (i.e. published outside the USA), I've included country of origin like United Kingdom (UK) or Australia (AU) or Canada (CAN) etc. For characters that underwent costume changes, I've posted in order the costume as it evolved, indicating this with "[a]" or "[b]" letters, etc. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Captain Lightning's Golden Age Characters